The types of defects frequently encountered are roof leaks (water & air), wind damage, flood damage, poor standards of workmanship, poor design & installation of building systems, under heating problems, high energy bills, lack of continuity of insulation, window & door defects, acoustic performance, indoor air quality, mould growth & moisture ingress problems in new & existing buildings.
Health hazards in buildings
The health of occupants in buildings is affected by the emission of pollutants from a
range of sources in buildings. The environmental monitoring can be carried out by BET for the following;
- Indoor air quality.
- Buildings materials and structures.
- Indoor and outdoor environmental impact assessment.
- BET have several specialist monitoring techniques and services available to monitor occupants health in the indoor and outdoor environment.
- Chemical pollutants and hazards
- Physical pollutant and hazards
- Biological pollution and hazards and
- Ventilation assessment from design to installation to validation of the system(s)
Building Envelope Technologies have the necessary qualifications experience & know how when dealing with all the above anomalies which occur in many buildings constructed in Ireland over the past 40 years. All surveys & reports are conducted & signed off by an experienced level 8 Chartered Engineer,
All BET engineers hold qualifications in structural or building services engineering & with a minimum level 8 honours degree qualification.