GLAZING DESICCANT/DEW POINT CHECK:
This process detects glazing units which will fail within a relatively short time scale. Dewpoint testing of insulated glass helps to determine if edge seals are performing well or are near failure. We bring our dew point test equipment to your project to test your glass units. We use the ASTM E546 Insulated Glass Frost/Dewpoint test method. The dewpoint inside the insulating glass is a good indicator of the unit’s quality and longevity.
The test method BET use is ASTM E576 – 14
Standard Test Method for Frost/Dew Point of Sealed Insulating Glass Units
Who should perform insulated glass dew point testing?
- Window manufacturers to demonstrate the quality of outsourced insulated glass
- Building owner testing the condition of existing glass
- Building owner who has experienced glass failures, to determine extent of problem
- Contractor testing the quality of newly installed glass
- Building inspectors to determine anticipated longevity of existing insulated glass
- Glass consultant assessing and testing glass quality in the event of failure or dispute