Domestic Ventilation Testing
Building Envelope Technologies are currently the only ISO accredited company in Ireland that can carry out performance testing of residential ventilation systems to show compliance with building regulations Technical Guidance Document F: Ventilation.
With buildings becoming better insulated and more airtight, we are relying on ventilation systems more than ever to provide clean, fresh air to our homes. Due to the nature of ventilation systems, it can be difficult to know if enough polluted air is being extracted or if you are getting the required fresh air supplied into your home. In addition to this, over ventilation or unbalanced systems can also lead to uncomfortable conditions and higher heating costs. BET ventilation testers can measure the airflow rates of both to give you piece of mind that your ventilation system is functioning as intended.
Our ventilation testers all hold honours degrees in engineering as a minimum qualification and have worked on some of Ireland’s leading residential developments and commercial buildings. This experience allows them carry out tests accurately and gives real insight into identifying problems which may be present in the ventilation system.
Benefits of measuring your ventilation system airflow rates:
There are numerous benefits to getting your ventilation systems tested:
- Measures the flow rates of air in and out of your home to quantify the fresh air being supplied and air containing pollutants such as odours, moisture, CO2, VOCs & allergens being extracted.
- Identifies over ventilation of dwellings which can lead to high heating costs.
- A quality check that verifies that the systems has been correctly balanced and commissioned by the installer.
- Ensures the system is operating as the designer intended.
- To show compliance with flow rates stated in Building Regulations TGD Part F – BET can issue an INAB accredited report showing compliance.
If you have any queries or require a quotation, please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org